Friday, May 22, 2009

"Floating Palace" Set


Perry Martin, that crazy Cajun director, who recently decided to open his own petit theatre down on Bayou LaFourche called The Bayou Playhouse, asked me to come and spruce up his set for Glen Pitre's "Floating Palace". Some of you may recall that Glen Pitre wrote and directed "Belizaire the Cajun" about 25 years ago. I fell in love with that little film and it picqued my curiosity about Cajun culture even while I was a teenager growing up in Mobile, Alabama.

I don't have a photo of the whole set as of yet (typical), but I do have a couple photos of the drops I painted in my home studio. One represents the side of a riverboat/showboat from the 1920's. The other is of a pastoral bayou scene, which is probably not far from the way much of
the bayou's banks would have looked back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment