Sunday, June 14, 2015

"The Old 77": Interior Sign Work

 My work with "The Old 77" started with the recreation of this old sign, which once graced the side of the building back in the late 1800's.  We agreed that I should paint it to look as if they had discovered it under the plaster wall they had just removed most of.  It's the favorite photo-op for nearly all the guests!
The image below is behind the bar of Nina Compton's restaurant at the hotel, "Compere Lapin".  I had to duck in close to avoid photographing the lights hanging over the bar.  I would have loved to "punch out" the bunny logo a bit more, but they preferred it more subtly stated.  It's definitely delightful in person, so make sure you go eat there sometime!

 The next two are part of a series of directional signs I'm doing through-out the first floor, some on drywall, some one brick as shown below.


No comments:

Post a Comment