Sunday, June 24, 2012

"Boylesk" Show Banners

These two banners were used to flank the stage at the House of Blues during "Boylesk", or the male burlesque show produced by Rick Delaup. He requested that I paint the tug-of-war players in their "garters" without any underwear on. My original plan was to paint one in boxers and the other in briefs. I seemed to scandalize even him with my anatomical correctness, but we fortunately draped the frontal male nudity with the tip of the boa. The female MC for the show did use the tip of her cane to flash the audience at one point! Originally, I thought we would use red boas, but the neon pink was the perfect touch to really intensify my color choices! Hanging in Home Studio Rolled out on then the floor at House of Blues pre-hanging!

No comments:

Post a Comment